Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

I know, I know. I've not been good at this the past months. Let us hope for an improvement this year! I have missed it.

I thought we would kick off the new year doing a recap of the resolutions from last year before I present my new ones. The post from last year can be found here.

1. Walking 10 000 steps. I don't think I succeeded in this. I did manage it probably more often than in 2016, but I could have been better.

2. Finding a morning workout routine. I never found a good routine, and really never got started at all. A total failure. Oh well.

3. Geocache more. Well. I did not find more caches than 2016 or even 2015. But I did hold my first event and I added both Åland and the UK to my list of countries cached in. I found 60 caches in Sweden! My cache number 500 is coming up, and I already know which it will be.

4. The temperature project. I did it! I know I haven't posted here, but it will come, I promise. I don't know if I can post retroactively, but we'll see. Pictures are coming, stay tuned!

5. Train more on Duolingo. You know, I actually had a 100 day + streak. And then I forgot it one day and lost motivation completely.

6. Start saving money. I made it pretty far, but the Christmas shopping disturbed the plan. I still think 12 000 Norwegian kroner is quite well done.

I will mark number 3, 4 and 6 a success. And that is 50%. Not complaining. Hopefully, next year will be even better.

New resolutions:

I. Walk 10 000 steps a day. Yes, I'm not happy with the results from last year. I also don't really know how many days I actually did meet my goal. My brother didn't like his Fitbit, and gave it to me. I now have a better way of tracking my steps and other things. To have a complete tracking of how many days I actually reach 10 000 steps I'll track it by crossing off on an actual calendar. Going for at least 50%.



II. Actually work out. I've already started a bit with an app called 8fit. I think it works because I'm almost always sore after a workout and the workouts are short and it is free. Christmas obviously disrupted it all, but It's time to get started again. The goal the app set for me, or I set myself, I can't really remember, is four times a week. Most of the workouts I've had until now have been 9 minutes. This should not be a problem.

III. Geocache even more. My goal this year is adding at least two new countries, reaching at least 600 found caches and attending more events. Maybe even FAD in Sweden and Vikingevent 2018 in Norway, both Mega Events. I'm kinda bummed for not being able to attend FAD in Uppsala. This, of course, requires me to maybe get some geocaching friends to go with.

IV. The Year of Photography. Hear me out! I just came out of a year of checking temperatures. This year I would like to do something else creative. I used to enjoy taking pictures, but the joy has sort of gotten lost for me. I'm going to give myself different challenges each month. I have not decided all the different tasks yet, but January will be Alphabet Month, and I will take the pictures with my phone. February I will use my DSLR camera, but the theme is to be decided. I also hope to be able to use actual film for one of the months. And maybe lend a library book about photography and sort of work through it. I'm just jotting the ideas down here before they leave me.

January: The Norwegian alphabet contains 29 letters and January has 31 days. I'll be starting tomorrow, on the letter A. One picture relevant for each letter, and one day "off" if I need it.

V. Continue language training. Stop caring so much about the streak.

VI. Save more money, but not at the same rate. Last year became a bit economically painful, because of my saving routine. I still want to save money, but maybe a little less? If I save 666 kroner a month I'll reach 8000 in a year. I think that's okay. And it satisfies my inner satan.

VII. Learn to knit. I got two books on knitting, yarn, and needles for Christmas. This is the year I will learn how to knit.



VII. Set up a plan for organizing and cleaning to stay more on top of things. I like crossing things off lists, but am not too happy about cleaning. Combining the two might help me. I would like to have one in place before school starts in the middle of January. 



No comments:

Post a Comment