Thursday, July 15, 2010

Earrings, again.

Now I can blog about my fathers birthday gift: potholders! I used a pattern that I think is copied from a book. (I borrowed it from a friend, so I'm not really sure.) I used a lot thicker yarn, so they came out a lot thicker than the original, but they are at least very isolating! As you can see they are made using two threads of two different colors. It starts up by the ring, working back and forth in the back loops only. Because I used thicker yarn and doubled it I used twice as much yarn as the pattern said. But I think they are lovely, and I'm most likely going to make a pair for my self in black and purple. Or maybe hot pink and black? We'll see.

Yesterday I felt a little better, so I decided to make some earrings of the yarn I bought last week. Using this pattern(It is basically the granny square.) I made a pair of each color.

I also took pictures of some of the other earrings I've made. The paw print earrings I've been talking about. And heart earrings from this pattern. As you can see they are meant to be a lot smaller, but I didn't have thin enough yarn. Yarn is expensive, so I tend to use what I've got. The black heart earrings are some of the first things I've made in a good while, where I've used cotton yarn in stead of wool. The paw prints I've also made in hot pink and gray. The pink I gave away to my mother and the gray is around here somewhere, I'm just not sure where. I also found a picture of some earrings similar to the first earrings I posted, just different colors, obviously. The green themed one I made for my mother, and the black and pink is mine.
Also yesterday, as I was so full of energy, I laid out all the crochet pattern books I have on the table and took a picture of them.

And I would like to point out that the pictures are horrible, huge and way off in just about any way possible in this post because I beat my mac asunder and in a last shot at saving it I formated it. It did in fact work, but I lost all of my applications, that included photoshop. After trying two of the free photoediting apps available I wanted to kill my self, and therefore I will not edit any pictures until I get my photoshop back.

No comments:

Post a Comment